Monday, June 3, 2013

Stained Glass Jars

I absolutely love different shapes of glass and they double as cute storage so it's great, but I hate how they are all clear. Clear. Clear. Clear. Well, since it is harder to find stained glass I decided I'd try a little DIY of my own. Using home made Modge Podge (Elmer's School Glue and water mixed into a paste) and food coloring. *NOTE* they are NOT water proof.


  • Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
  • Add a few drops of food coloring to enough modge podge to cover the whole glass
  • Stir and pour into the glass
  • Tilt the jar until the whole glass is covered
  • Turn glass upside down and let the mixture drip for 25 minutes
  • Cover pan with wax paper and stick jars on top
  • Bake in oven for 20 minute incriminates (if there is still some areas that are thicker coated then others put in the oven for additional time)  




It was hard to make them completely perfect, but the longer you stick them in the oven the better they cover. But then you face the color fading and not being as vibrant. When I did the blue I put multiple coats and stuck it in the oven multiple times. Overall I'm happy with the outcome. I did it on so many different shapes of glass I got from olive's, pizza sauce, honey, and so on. It's a great project for a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment