Monday, June 3, 2013

Upcycled Antique Dresser

I've been redoing my room for awhile now. I finally got around to painting the furniture! Woooo! I chose coral as my pop color against the grey walls. I was doing a color report and read that coral inspired creativity so it was a win-win really since my room was also doubling as my craft room.

Before being painted, but after sanding and a little handy work from gramps.
Thanks grampy! <3

I took off all the nobs and sanded them down. I was on a hunt for vintage nobs, but was never able to find any so I decided to use a little modge podge and some old maps. I loved using the maps because it brought out the coral color and I was then able to use the other colors in the map to decorate the rest of my room.



The glass doors were really pretty, but since I was using the dresser for storage purposes for things like clothes it wasn't really convenient, so I brought in the maps again. I couldn't be happier with the outcome!









No comments:

Post a Comment